NAI on reconnection

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Aug 10 02:19:52 PDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 11:47:38AM +0300, khali singh wrote:
> The SessID need not be stored over restarts. What I was hoping is that the
> first time I use the NAI as abc at example.com but for reauthentication I use
> abc at example.com+sessid.
>
> Should this be supplied in the init_for_reauth() method somehow?

Which EAP message are you talking about? Registering init_for_reauth()
allows you to maintain EAP method state so that you can build the
identity with the session id in the next run. If you want the
alternative form of identity in EAP-Response/Identity message, then
you can use the get_identity() callback for it (i.e., generate that
identity with sessid in that callback of the EAP method implementation).
Though, I'd recommend using proper NAI rather than an NAI with extra
information added to its end for the EAP-Response/Identity message since
that string gets used for forwarding the RADIUS (etc.) messages.