Why does hostapd takeover control frame from mac80211?

刘涵宇 watercosmos
Fri Apr 18 01:25:05 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a WLAN program running on access point. It needs to capture
control frame(ack) which not belong to its BSS. So I use a monitor
interface to capture it in mac80211 with netlink socket. All that seem to
be fine until I use hostapd to create a access point. It deliver all
control frames to its user space daemon, but it looks like that it does
nothing with control frame.

Why should hostapd do that? Is there any way to let it do not snatch
control frame or get ack from its user space?

Thanks very much.

--
Regards,

Hanyu Liu