Hostapd & Wired working

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Oct 22 14:13:17 PDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 07:36:41PM +0530, Jegadish D wrote:
> Hostapd + Wired config : How are incoming packets blocked till 802.1X
> authentication is successful. I browsed the code but was not able to find
> the code which blocks the incoming packets.
>
> Can you please brief on the wired flow of hostapd. Thanks for your time.

hostapd does not handle normal data packets (i.e., that's a task for the
kernel) and there is nothing within hostapd to manage a wired IEEE
802.1X PAE, i.e., if you want to make this work, you would need to
either modify hostapd or use some external component to configure
Ethernet-level/bridge firewall based on the authorization status.