AP mode simultaneous dualband with one USB dongle

Krishna Chaitanya chaitanya.mgit
Thu Nov 21 09:47:22 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Drasko DRASKOVIC
<drasko.draskovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>
>> I doubt you can do that..it normally takes one radio per channel,
>> so you would need two radios.
>
> I doubt also, still I have not been capable to find any decent
> explanation googleing for hours. Theoretically, PHY switch is fast
> enough to switch between 2.4GHz and 5GHz, and in that sense I see not
> physical obstacle for this not to work.
>
> It would be great if somebody can elaborate on the subject, because I
> really think that information like this is missing.

Its not possible, we need independent radio chains to do that. Its more of a
protocol thing, where AP needs to available all the times so switching
is not an option, where as in STA case we can do that its called
Multi channel Concurrency using a single radio as you suggested.

But i doubt that feature is part of mac80211-ath6kl combo?