I always need a miracle to connect with iwlwifi

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras
Sun Nov 10 12:32:46 PST 2013

Emmanuel Grumbach wrote:
> On 11/10/2013 06:26 PM, Felipe Contreras wrote:

> > That's better than not associating at all, ever.
>
> No because it would break the driver against all the working APs which
> are fortunately enough more common. Maybe you can rewrite mac80211 /
> iwlwifi to make things work differently so that PS would still work with
> good APs and association would work with yours. Fair enough. Go ahead.

Challenge accepted:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/290256

> > Wouldn't it make sense to timeout if there's no DTIM, and still
> > associate? It's better than not associating ever. Plus, if you already
> > know that power saving wouldn't work in this case, merely disable
> > powersave.
>
> I can't wait for your patch.

Good, because I already sent it.

With my patch if the AP sends the beacon correctly; power saving is enabled, if
not, association still works, but power saving is disabled.

How you could not imagine such patch is beyond me.

--
Felipe Contreras