Recent Segfaults

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Nov 6 06:47:17 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 11:11:03AM -0500, Jonathan Bither wrote:
> >On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 10:18:28AM -0500, Jonathan Bither wrote:
> >>Within the last 24 hours I started to see Segfaults with hostapd and
> >>ath9k on 3.12. I'd be happy to provide any information that may help
> >>find out what's going on.

> It's from hostapd.git, previously I had been merging into a local
> branch to test CFLAGS.

> 2b6623ab134fff6d96114f5fe329a2f87d5e893a is showing as the latest
> upstream commit.

I'm unable to reproduce this with the same build and runtime
configuration files that you listed. Where your log shows "Segmentation
fault", I see "nl80211: Event message available". Would you be able to
run hostapd under valgrind ("valgrind hostapd ...") to see if it gives
useful information on what is failing? Alternatively, run under gdb and
report backtrace output form gdb after the segmentation fault.