wpa_supplicant/mlme.c Doubt

Jouni Malinen j
Mon May 13 11:57:07 PDT 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 04:57:44PM +0200, Francisco Cuesta wrote:
> I was looking through the documentation available on the website, the
> wpa_supplicant/hostapd.pdf, and I cannot find a file called mlme.c
> which appears in the documentation under section 15.38 as
> wpa_supplicant/mlme.c, but it doesn't in the code... Has it been
> renamed or split among other files?? I'm keen on it because I would
> like to seek definitions like below ones, which seems to be in that
> file.

The MLME functionality in wpa_supplicant has been removed:
http://w1.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git;a=commitdiff;h=17fbb751e174854f01986690eb1bb989923aa7fd

> define IEEE80211_AUTH_TIMEOUT (200)

What would you be using these for? These were not really used for
anything apart from some testing purposes with simulated WLAN (i.e., no
real hardware). You'll find this behavior in the driver or 802.11 stack
in the kernel.