[RFC] nl80211: allow Android P2P functionality

YanBo dreamfly281
Fri May 10 12:01:39 PDT 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 2:57 AM, Johannes Berg
<johannes at sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-05-11 at 02:46 +0800, YanBo wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Where I try to run  iw wlan0 interface add p2p0 type __p2pdev after
>> upgrade the mac80211 with the
>> "[RFC v4] cfg80211: Android P2P-Device workaround" patch.
>>
>> It shows the below error:
>>  command failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint (-95)
>>
>> The android system the orignal JB2_5 and the wpa_supplicant is not be changed.
>>
>> Any idea about this error?  Is some extra patch need be apply to make it works?
>
> You need a driver that supports p2p device to start with, of course.
>
> johannes

Thanks for reply, Johannes, we are testing are under development
driver https://github.com/KrasnikovEugene/wcn36xx
So, that means we need register a P2P0 device (even it is Null
function and do nothing) via the new MAC80211 P2P API?

BR /Yanbo