OLBC HT AP detected - enable protection

Ben Greear greearb
Sun Mar 31 09:28:56 PDT 2013

On 03/30/2013 02:41 PM, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 12:35:31PM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
>> I mean that stations scan but do not see the AP when I saw this OLBC
>> message.  Other APs showed up as expected in the scan.
>
> That's quite strange. The AP should still come up just fine and just
> notify the other devices that there is a non-HT station in the area.
> This worked with mac80211_hwsim (another interface saw the HT40 AP on
> channel 149), but I guess there could be driver specific differences.

We saw some other funny-ness where we'd ask the AP to be on one frequency
and it should show up on a lower freq, like it was using a secondary channel
as the main channel or something.

I wanted to update to the latest code before I looked into that problem
more, but it might be related to the scan issue......

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>