[RFC 0/4] hostapd: introduce Automatic Channel Selection (ACS)

Michal Kazior michal.kazior
Fri Jul 26 02:13:04 PDT 2013

On 26 July 2013 10:45, Yogesh Ashok Powar <yogeshp at marvell.com> wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> Here is our last findings from ACS feature in hostapd
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/109945
>
> We can give users some option to choose from different ACS
> algorithms. Eg., Simple scan based algorithm or Advanced algo which
> requires off-channel rx/tx support from the driver.

Hi,

Thanks! I've missed the thread apparently.

My patchset addresses both issues a) and b) you mentioned.
chan_time_tx is not required now (it's used if it's available) and it
also falls back to use chan_time_rx instead of chan_time_busy (ath10k
is capable of reporting channel_time, channel_time_rx and noise floor
only; no channel_time_tx/rx).

I've been wondering about parametrizing the noise floor treshold
multiplier that's used to prefer channels with lower noise floor in
case there's very little to no channel load. I'm unsure about the
current threshold between base noise floor channel versus channel load
though.

Pozdrawiam / Best regards,
Micha? Kazior.