Dropped frames (unauthorized port) in AP mode

Mihai Moldovan ionic
Sun Jul 14 19:20:47 PDT 2013

* On 15.07.2013 03:38 AM, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> So it's gotta be *some other* option I have in my config... let the testing
> begin.

Got it! After checking every single option I've been using against Ben's config,
turning features off and back on, I was able to isolate the WEP entries as the
troublemaker.

Right after commenting wep_default_key(=0) and wep_key0(=somekey), hostapd
started behaving normally, even without a monitor interface.

Is specifying both WPA and WEP options known to cause such problems? It did work
fine in the past, but now it doesn't.

If it's intended behavior and not actually a bug, hostapd should check for both
options being turned on and reject the config file, instead of starting in such
an unusable state. Jouni?

I would never have guessed this to be the culprit. Thank you very much for
pointing me in the right direction, Ben!

Mihai