P2P_FIND command failed from wpa_cli

Dan Williams dcbw
Wed Jan 23 10:45:23 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 13:37 +0100, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> On 01/23/2013 05:12 AM, Nilkanth Ahirrao wrote:
> > Additional information : I could connect to my wireless router using AP.
> >
> > Please let me know if you need further details.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Nil
>
> Your thinkpad has wireless using iwlagn driver. Not sure if that
> currently supports P2P. P2P involves two systems (hence the name) so
> maybe you could explain what you are trying at a higher level, ie. what
> devices are involved.

iwlagn did get support for p2p (landed 2011-07-23, commit c6baf7fb,
kernel v3.2), but it requires a firmware update to ucode API level 6 for
the 1000 devices.  Without dmesg output of the driver loading to see
what ucode revision he's got, it's hard to know whether the firmware
supports it or not.  Plus, given he mentioned kernel 3.0, it's unlikely
that his kernel has the right support unless it was backported by
Canonical.

Dan