Wpa_gui and multiple access points

Ottavio Caruso ottavio2006-usenet2012
Mon Dec 2 04:32:18 PST 2013

Hello,

I'm running Netbsd 6.1.2 and wpa_supplicant v0.7.3. I can't determine
which version of wpa_gui.

I've only used wpa-* since using Netbsd, as i was using NM and
NM-Applet on Linux and the standard wi-fi connectoid on Windows.

I am right now at the Birmingham (UK) public library, a massive
building on 8 floors. When I scan for access points through wpa_gui I
can see at least 25 of them, all pointing to the same network but with
different BSSID. When I use Windows I can only see one.

Every now and again the connection drops and I have to manually rescan
and add a different AP and reconnect, while my fellow users will be
reconnected automatically.

Is this intended behaviour or is it a bug or something wrong with my
installation?

bash-4.2$ which wpa_gui
/usr/pkg/sbin/wpa_gui

bash-4.2$ file /usr/pkg/sbin/wpa_gui
/usr/pkg/sbin/wpa_gui: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1
(SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for NetBSD 6.0,
stripped

bash-4.2$ cat /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel