Best USB wireless card

Andrew Connell andrew.connell
Sat Apr 6 20:34:42 PDT 2013

Hi,
This has probably been asked many times, I apologise if so -- but I've
looked a lot and I can't find a definitive answer as to which USB card is
the best to use with hostapd.
Specifically, which one that works and supports more than 7 simultaneous
devices. I have three cards, one is  rtl8187 which doesn't work at all, and
the others are ath_9k which work perfectly, minus the fact that you can't
have more than 7 simultaneous connections, which is firmware related.
I want to go and buy another one but I first want to ensure that it'll work
well with my old laptop, which has builtin wireless which doesn't work
either (iwl3945).
It has to be USB because of the fact that it's a laptop, unless there's
some way to replace the builtin wireless card?
Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Andrew