Using test driver on wpa_supplicant & hostapd for EAP-SIM testing (sending 3rd time)

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Sep 5 07:36:38 PDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 03:53:43PM +0200, Chaudry Chaudry wrote:
> I am trying to configure wpa_supplicant and hostapd with "driver=test" for
> EAP-SIM functionality. I am getting issues when WPA authentication started.

I would recommend using mac80211_hwsim and driver=nl80211 for this type
of tests. I've pretty much completely stopped using driver=test and as
such, could miss regressions in it.