Patch for replay error in AHDEMO mode madwifi

Kees-Jan Hermans hermans
Tue Oct 30 09:06:38 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-30 at 17:12 +0200, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 03:25:37PM +0100, Kees-Jan Hermans wrote:
> > Madwifi can be used to have an ad-hoc crypto mode, using WPA and no key
> > management. This is, as far as I know, the only way to use
> > wpa_supplicant in ad-hoc mode and have some crypto.
>
> I do not know about madwifi limitations, but wpa_supplicant supports RSN
> IBSS.

Our requirements were unfortunately specific to WPA.

> > Alternatives are
> > ad-mode in plain-text or no ad-hoc mode at all. However, the method
> > above causes replay messages to appear (and hosts not working) when a
> > third host is added to the mesh. To fix this, the patch below, I
> > believe, shuts down the replay check.
>
> Out of scope for this mailing list and not really a suitable change in
> general since it would break replay detection for non-IBSS cases, too.

Yeah, but then - where is there a non-out of scope mailinglist? I admit
that the patch linked to in the email by Douglas Diniz is a lot better
than mine though.