WPS 2.0: Update authorized enrollee MAC address list correctly

Amitkumar Karwar akarwar
Mon Nov 26 03:06:59 PST 2012

Hi Jouni,

> > It is observed that authorized enrollee MAC address list advertized in
> > beacon and probe response sometimes contains both wildcard as well as
> > specific station's MAC address.
> >
> > This patch makes sure that either of them will be present in the list.
>
> Do you mean "makes sure that _only one of them_ will be present"?

Yes. I will correct the patch description in updated version.

> That's
> what the patch seemed to be doing.. And if so, why would this be desired
> behavior? I would expect that a mix of wildcard and specific MAC
> addresses are needed to cover some WPS use cases especially when using
> multiple external Registrars.

Mix of wildcard and specific MAC addresses were observed even for single external registrar case. This patch makes sure that AuthorizedMACs subelement prepared by an external registrar will contain either wildcard MAC or specific MAC addresses.

I assume that AP can still include both wildcard and specific MAC addresses if multiple external registrars are present.

Please correct me if I am missing something.

Thanks,
Amitkumar Karwar