[rt2x00-users] [rt2800pci (AP) - ath9k] 802.11w: broken aggregation handling?

Andreas Hartmann andihartmann
Mon May 7 07:16:18 PDT 2012

Hello Jouni,

thanks for your response!

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 09:02:58AM +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> - Why is the authentication started here at all, regardless of an error?
>
> I don't think that hostapd would verify driver capabilities for 802.11w
> at the moment, so it does not know that it should have rejected the
> configuration here.. Same for wpa_supplicant and station mode, I'd
> guess.

Wouldn't it be better, if it would stop processing completely? I was
surprised to have a half working connection :-).

[...]

Kind regards,
Andreas Hartmann