bug 456 [REGRESSION 0.7.3-6 => 1.0-2] WPA-PSK + openmoko: unable to get DHCPACK

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Jun 28 14:26:44 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:15:23AM +0300, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> >          * read results after a timeout. */
> > -       timeout = 5;
> > +       timeout = 10;
> >         if (drv->scan_complete_events) {
>
> I recompiled the debian package and reverted this change, now the
> package works for me so I am confident that this change indeed has
> something to do with the regression.

This looks like some kind of issue with the driver taking way too long
to scan or maybe more likely, inconvenient timing with operations and
missing indicate of scan completions.. I would assume that this driver
should really be used with ap_scan=2 mode (i.e., driver-based BSS
selection) rather than ap_scan=1 to avoid this type of issues.