IEEE 802.11U evaluation.

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jun 23 10:45:41 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:41:19PM +0800, Sridhar K.N. wrote:
> ? ?I recently came across the IEEE Std 802.11u-2011 support in HostAP. This is really nice.

What are you referring to with "HostAP"? hostapd? Please note that it
does not have full support for IEEE 802.11u.

> I'm keen to install this on the linux box with wireless card that supports AP-mode and evaluate the IEEE 802.11u functionality.?
> I wanted to know if there is any support at the 'Client/UE side' to work with IEEE 802.11u capable APs? w.r.t. driver modifications/applications?

Which parts of IEEE 802.11u are you interested in? I'm not aware of
anyone implementing it in full, but there is partial support (e.g., for
GAS/ANQP) in number of implementations, including wpa_supplicant with
any mac80211-based driver that supports off-channel operations (e.g.,
ath9k).