how to trigger 'set_key/associate' with ap_scan=0 and CONFIG_NO_SCAN_PROCESSING?

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Jun 8 10:18:18 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 07:04:45PM +0200, Enrico wrote:
> on Illumos, platform driver and system library take care of scanning, AP
> selection, and set ieee802.11 parameters.
>
> For reducing architectural changes we want to avoid wpa_s from sending scan
> requests once started. I would like to know what is the recommended way for
> externally triggering set_key and associate driver ops.
>
> We set up wpa_s with CONFIG_NO_SCAN_PROCESSING, and start it with ap_scan=0.

As you noticed, ap_scan=2 may be more suitable for this need. Though,
even with it, you will need to provide some scan/association results to
wpa_supplicant.

ap_scan=0 is mainly used with wired IEEE 802.1X. I don't think it is
complete for IEEE 802.11.