[RFC1/2] 11ac changes - VHT IEs in beacons

Mahesh Palivela maheshp
Tue Jun 5 02:51:15 PDT 2012

Johannes,

That's where even I have the confusion. I will modify to fill it from nl data.

Thanks,
Mahesh

From: Johannes Berg [johannes at sipsolutions.net]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 12:57 PM
To: Mahesh Palivela
Cc: hostap at lists.shmoo.com
Subject: Re: [RFC1/2] 11ac changes - VHT IEs in beacons

On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 07:13 +0000, Mahesh Palivela wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had modified hostapd code to include VHT IEs as part of 11ac changes.
> Please review and let me know your comments.

VHT is complicated enough that I think we should take the HW
capabilities (as will be advertised by nl80211) into account more when
configuring this. Hardly anyone will ever be able to come up with a
correct configuration and they shouldn't have to unless overriding
specific things for testing?

johannes