wpa_supplicant WPA Enterprise connecting with wrong credentials

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Jan 23 05:56:46 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 01:51:06PM +0530, raga naresh wrote:
> The first network block has correct values and in the second network block
> ca_cert and private_key have wrong values(even those files doesn't exist).
> I have started wpa_supplicant process and I have made a following sequence
> of commands through wpa_cli.
> a)select_network 0
> b)disconnect
> c)select_network 1
> Even after loading the wrong network block wpa_supplicant has connected to
> the router.I can ping the router as well as my freeradius server.I think
> the problem is selecting the second network block is not making  EAP
> authentication again.

Which version of wpa_supplicant are you using? There has been some
recent changes in the PMKSA caching implementation that forces the
cached credentials to be cleared in various cases. Without those, this
type of connection is quite possible using PMKSA caching that does
indeed skip the EAP authentication.