Building hosptapd for testing wpa supplicant on linux

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Jan 12 07:22:13 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 06:47:02AM -0800, Zahraa Salah wrote:
> Well now it compiles...but Im getting this error when I run it
>
> Channel not configured (hw_mode/Channel in  hostapd) Could not select
> hw_mode and Channel. (-3)

hw_mode and channel configuration is required with some driver wrappers.
In practice, it may of little use with driver_test, but just add
something like following lines into hostapd.conf to get past this:

hw_mode=g
channel=1