[RFC] P2P: Handling single channel concurrency

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Jan 11 21:41:57 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:40:26AM -0800, Jithu Jance wrote:

> > How about rejecting the new STA connection instead of killing existing
> > connection? In other words, some entity above wpa_supplicant would need
> > to kill the group first before being able to get the STA connection in
> > such a case.

> Do you mean that we will keep the BSS disabled and then let the
> application/entity above know about the frequency conflict. Then the
> application would take a call whether to remove the p2p group or not. If
> application choose to remove p2p_group, it may need to enable the disabled
> BSS so that the STA connection can proceed.

Well, I did not actually consider it in that level of detail, but yes,
something like this was indeed the intention here.

> If this is what you meant, then
> i guess probably we might have to define a new event which will notify the
> application of the frequency conflict with enough data [the network id of
> the bss in conflict so that the application can enable the network blob
> after removing the P2P group]. Please correct me if my understanding is
> wrong.

This is the part I did not think about, i.e., I was more or less
thinking of just making the command that requested connection fail.
Though, that doesn't really work in many cases, so this type of event
may indeed be the way to go.

> If this is fine with you, i shall generate a new patch and send it to you.

Yes, please.