wpa_supplicant and power saving options

Adrien Bustany adrien
Mon Jan 9 05:30:10 PST 2012

Hi,

it seems that currently wpa_supplicant does not expose properties of
wlan drivers like "powersaving" or "tx power" via DBus. Is it
because that is outside the scope of wpa_supplicant, or just because
nobody needed that yet? If it's outside the scope of wpa_supplicant,
I guess there could be a "power saving daemon" (or whatever you might
call it) sitting next to wpa_supplicant that would also interact with
the device using netlink, I suppose there would be no problems with
having many programs sending netlink messages to the same device?

Cheers

Adrien