wlan0: Could not connect to kernel driver

suneth namal sunethn
Mon Feb 20 07:20:50 PST 2012

Hi,

I was trying to test the hostapd with the following configuration. I
defined the hostapd-minimal.conf file as follows,

#change wlan0 to your wireless device
interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
ssid=test
channel=1

This was giving me the following out-put. I couldn't find what makes
this problem. I am thankful if you can help me to sort out this.

Configuration file: ./hostapd-minimal.conf
wlan0: Could not connect to kernel driver
Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 58:94:6b:d3:3a:f8 and ssid 'test'
Failed to set beacon parameters
wlan0: STA 00:0d:65:bb:66:bb IEEE 802.11: disassociated

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
suneth namal