wpa_supplicant WPA Enterprise connecting with wrong credentials

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Feb 4 02:37:51 PST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 05:36:16PM +0530, raga naresh wrote:
> But my case is different.First I am connecting with right EAP profile(all
> credentials are correct).Then disconnect and selecting the wrong EAP
> profile(ssid is same but some credentials are incorrect).I think in this
> scenario also,it should not use PMKSA cache and go for new EAP
> authentication.

I see. This does not sound like a very common use case, but sure, I
would agree that PMKSA cache entries should be used only with the
network context in which they were created. I changed wpa_supplicant
implementation to do that by using the network_ctx also when searching
for a suitable PMKSA cache entry.