How to build hostapd in Android

Wendal Chen wendal1985
Fri Aug 31 07:07:28 PDT 2012

Android 4.0.3

I put it into external folder, and then run

mmm external/hostapd/hostadp

then it said miss drivers.mk, So, I run
cp -r external/hostapd/src external/hostapd/hostapd/

run mmm again, it said miss .config, so , I run
cp external/hostapd/hostapd/defconfig external/hostapd/hostapd/.config

Now I run mmm again, not more than 1 sec, it complete without any message
I check the hostapd folder , nothing create or change

2012/8/31 Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi>

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:04:53AM +0800, Wendal Chen wrote:
> > Hostapd 1.0 said :
> >
> > * Android: Add build and runtime support for Android hostapd.
> >
> > Is there any doc for this??
>
> Which Android version are you using? In most cases, it is probably
> easiest to just use the version included with Android and build that as
> part of the full system build.
>
> --

Wendal Chen
GuangDong China