wpa_supplicant: WPS Support-WSC_NACK packets

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Apr 27 11:30:51 PDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 01:18:38PM +0000, raghunathan.kailasanathan at wipro.com wrote:
> One thing we noticed was that our device (with a 120MHz CPU) is taking a long time to reply to process M2
> and generate M3 (about 15 secs)- in the meantime the router sends six M2 messages and then a NACK. Is that
> a timeout situation happening ? Is there a time limit within which a message from registrar has to be
> responded by enrollee ?

That's quite slow and yes, it sounds quite likely that the reason for
the issue is indeed in taking too long to send the M3. The WSC
specification provides recommendations for timeouts and the value for
individual message processing timeout is 15 seconds..

Which crypto/TLS implementation are you using here? If this is with the
internal TLS implementation (CONFIG_TLS=internal), you will most likely
want to enable some optimizations with
CONFIG_INTERNAL_LIBTOMMATH_FAST=y, but I'm not sure whether even that
would be fast enough with that device.