D-Bus interface

Shah, Nirav J2 nirav.j2.shah
Wed Apr 25 12:11:22 PDT 2012

Another option (don?t know if you are interested anymore) is to use dbusviewers. Its tedious and manual but quick. I have used qdbusviewer and d-feet! It does the introspection for you and list all possible ?interfaces? and their members. All you have to do is click on a specific property/method/..  provide the input and get the required output.

Python scripts are great for automation!

Thanks,
Nirav.

From: hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com [mailto:hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com] On Behalf Of Andr? Prata
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 11:16 AM
To: hostap at lists.shmoo.com
Subject: Re: D-Bus interface

Dan, the python examples should suffice, I just didn't know they existed in that format as well.

Hi Jouni, I should have been able to find that in the first place.
Having an updated document would be really good. Better yet, of course, every "major" release should have a stable interface, but I know we do what we can... =)

Thank you both very much!
Andr? Prata

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 18:44, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi<mailto:j at w1.fi>> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 04:09:27PM +0100, Andr? Prata wrote:
> Since I can't find it on my own, I'd like to ask if there's a place where I
> can find a D-Bus interface documentation like this for wpa_supplicant:
> http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/developers/api/09/spec.html
http://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/devel/dbus.html

Though, it should be noted that there has been some extensions made to
the D-Bus interface without the documentation file getting updated and
as such, this is not fully up-to-date.

I have not been enforcing a requirement to update the doc/dbus.doxygen
file for commits that modify the D-Bus interface, but maybe I should
start doing that.. Anyway, patches to update the documentation to match
with the current implementation (mainly, the new P2P mechanisms) would
be very much appreciated.