[RFC 2/2] nl80211: Add support to disable CCK rate for p2p probe and frames

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Sep 22 10:19:38 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 09:26:38PM +0530, Rajkumar Manoharan wrote:
> Add a new attribute to specify whether to use CCK rate or not during
> scan and sending management frames. This helps to send p2p probes
> at non-CCK rate. This ensures that P2P probe request/response/action
> frames are awlays sent at non CCK rates.

Thanks!

This looks reasonable for now. The nl80211_send_frame_cmd() can be made
to use a new internal flag to indicate the P2P use case separately.

PS.

There is no need to send me patches to update nl80211_copy.h. I will
pull those separately from wireless-testing.git anyway and will only do
this after the changes actually get applied there.