eap_sim_db_receive is not called

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Sep 14 08:37:42 PDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 08:51:14PM -0700, Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:
> I have used the hlr_auc_gw to receive and send data to hostapd ( libeap.so ), and I can see that the request for gsm triplets comes in and hlr_auc_gw has replied, and the messages appeared in the terminal window. But I don't see that eap_sim_db_receive() is called.

This works just fine when using hostapd as the EAP/RADIUS server, so I'm
assuming you are talking about using libeap.so in some other context.

> Likely eloop is not initialized correctly but I have called eloop_init() and eloop_run() in the initialization, but yet eloop mechanism inside eap_sim_db does not seem to be working.
>
> Is there any other functions which I must also call to startup the eloop properly ?

eloop_init() and eloop_run() are the key functions. In addition,
eap_sim_db.c needs to register the read socket with
eloop_register_read_sock().

Are you sure that eloop_run() is running? How is eloop integrated with
whatever program you are using to run libeap.so?