Use multiple certificates at the same time

Ferguson, Dana R Dana.Ferguson
Tue Oct 25 15:59:04 PDT 2011

Hi,

I work for Fluke networks and we are testing a device that authenticates to Radius servers. So we have created all of the supported certificates for both the CA and the Client. It would be much easier to test the 64 + variations of certificates if you could just enable all of them at the Radius server to be tested instead of one at a time.

Thank you,

Dana

-----Original Message-----
From: hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com [mailto:hostap-bounces at lists.shmoo.com] On Behalf Of Jouni Malinen
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:44 AM
To: hostap at lists.shmoo.com
Subject: Re: Use multiple certificates at the same time

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 07:50:44AM -0700, Ferguson, Dana R wrote:
> Is there a way to use multiple certificates on HostAPD at the same time.
>
> I am testing certificate sizes 512-2048 and would just like to set up the Radius to use them all at one time.

Each EAP peer can obviously use different certificates, but I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to do with the server side.. It sounds quite strange for the server to use more than a single server certificate. How would it select between different ones? You can run multiple instances of hostapd as the RADIUS server (e.g., configure different UDP port for each process) and configure different certificate on each.