why "underflow" happens?

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Oct 19 14:16:38 PDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 08:49:05AM -0700, hong zhang wrote:
> We use AP1250, but set WPA2 instead WPA like
> IE: WPA Version 2
>                         Group Cipher : TKIP
>                         Pairwise Ciphers (1) : TKIP
>                         Authentication Suites (1) : PSK
>
> The AP is allowed to set that way. Is it illegal?

Depends on who you ask ;-). WPA2 is normally used with CCMP as the
pairwise cipher. The IEEE 802.11 standard allows TKIP to be configured
here and wpa_supplicant should not have problems with that either, but
it is certainly not a normal configuration. Is there any particular
reason for using WPA2 with TKIP?