about the openssl in the EAP-FAST

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Nov 9 06:59:03 PST 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 12:22:17AM +0800, why wrote:
> 1. Does hostap generate the PAC file by .pem file?

I'm not sure what you are asking here. Anyway, hostapd does not support
generation of a PAC file for out-of-band provisioning.

> 2. What kind of file can I use in the wpa_supplicant? I am confused about the "wpa_supplicant.eap-fast-pac" in the wpa_supplicant.conf.

wpa_supplicant uses a custom format for storing the PAC information.
This file gets created automatically when using in-band provisioning.

> 3. If the client has a PAC file, does it affect the hostap and how should I change the hostap.conf?

In general, this should not matter unless you are looking into options
that disable in-band PAC provisioning (which, though, is not really
supported by hostapd).