Multiple (merged) config files possible?

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Nov 9 06:09:02 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 11:17:08PM +0000, Ed W wrote:
> Hi, the startup help line of hostapd implies that multiple config files
> can be passed?  I didn't read the code yet, but a simple attempt to put
> the wpa_passphrase in one file, rest of the config in another and list
> both config files in the command line gave errors (basically read only
> first file)

That is used to configure hostapd to control multiple interfaces, not to
merge multiple configuration files for a single interface.

> Is this expected to be possible?  If not would it be possible to make a
> feature request in time for 1.0 to allow the config file to be split up
> and "included" back together in some way?

I would say this is too late for 1.0. Anyway, I don't really see why
this type of feature would really be needed in hostapd in the first
place. Wouldn't it be trivial to write couple of lines of shell script
to concatenate the configuration file parts into a new file just before
executing hostapd?