Trouble with 128 virtual stations trying to associate without WPA.

Ben Greear greearb
Thu Nov 3 20:47:21 PDT 2011

On 11/03/2011 06:22 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> I notice that our system has trouble trying to associate
> 128 (or similar numbers) of un-authenticated stations.  It
> works fine with WPA, for whatever reason.
>
> I'm suspicious there is some bad feedback loop.  About 50 or so stations
> are un-associated...they get a scan result, and all try to associate.
>
> I see the events noting they go associated, but then shortly after,
> they all dis-associate for reason code 2.

Looks like at least one of the problems (or symptoms) is that the
wpa_driver_nl80211_associate call is returning -EEXIST when
supplicant is trying to associate.

I'm wondering if perhaps too many events are in the event
queue, and perhaps we are processing them too late to
be valid.  Going to add some code to try to verify
if that is the cause or not...

Thanks,
Ben

--