WPA2-PEAP problems

Harshal Chhaya harshal
Wed May 25 04:16:41 PDT 2011

Ed,

I can connect to hostapd in WPA2-PEAP using my Win7 laptop.

I also found that my target client (an embedded system) uses EAPOL
version1 and PEAP v0 when it successfully authenticates with another
AP (using freeRADIUS as the backend). I used the 'hostapd.conf' file
to set eap_version=1 and used the 'eap_users' file to specify PEAPv0.
Still no success. )-8

I understand that these are older protocol versions but are they fully
supported in hostapd? Jouni?

I don't want to edit the hostapd source to work around these problems
(i.e. ignore the length mismatch etc.) but I am running out of ideas
to try.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards,
- Harshal