Initial automatic channel selection implementation

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof
Tue May 24 15:54:03 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Helmut Schaa
<helmut.schaa at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> Am Dienstag, 24. Mai 2011 schrieb Luis R. Rodriguez:
>> II - Load check:
>>
>> ? * In addition to the above take into consideration some metric for
>> load on the channel: frame count observed
>
> Sounds similar to the busy time information some drivers already report
> via "iw wlan0 survey dump", no? Counting frames sounds like a lot of
> overhead to me.

Yes, thanks this is a lot of work already done. Now we just need a
basic algorithm to parse this, quantify how ideal this channel is and
then spit out a desired optimal channel.

  Luis