WPA_SUPPLICANT: PBC overlapped sessions

Mohammed Shafi shafi.ath9k
Wed May 11 21:27:17 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 9:34 AM,  <soumya.sardar at wipro.com> wrote:
> WPS Spec 1.0h (sec10.3) says, ?During this scan, the Enrollee MUST abort its
> connection attempt and signal a ?session overlap? error to the user if it
> discovers more than one Registrar in PBC mode.?
>

> But as per my understanding of the WPA_Supplicant 0.6.10 code, the above
> requirement is not getting handled. Instead once the supplicant detects a
> PBC overlap, its waiting for 10sec and starts scanning again for AP, instead
> of aborting the connection.

I think your problem will be solved in the development with the
following commit

commit 7736f18befd4a6450ae10740fa79f3dca485899d
Author: Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi>
Date: Sun Sep 19 17:04:04 2010 -0700

WPS: Cancel WPS operation on PBC session overlap detection

Previously, wpa_supplicant remaining in scanning state without
trying to connect, but there is no particular need to do that.
Instead, cancel WPS operation completely whenever PBC session
overlap is detected.

please try the test case with the latest wpa-supplicant tree pulled from
git://w1.fi/srv/git/hostap.git
Please do:
1.git clone git://w1.fi/srv/git/hostap.git
2.cd hostap/wpa_supplicant/
3.Please do the necessary changes in the .config file to enable WPS
4.It has the below fix which aborts the scan operation when PBC
overlap is found.