Using wpa_supplicant in ad-hoc mode for EAP-TLS

Harshil Anil Kumar Shah Harshil_Shah
Tue Mar 29 23:10:54 PDT 2011

Hi,

This is my current setup for EAP-TLS pre-authentication.

AAA server ======wired====== NPOA ======wired======== CPOA                      wireless                   mobile

Wpa_supplicant on Mobile will initiate EAP-TLS pre-authentication. So ideally it should reach to CPOA which will in turn forward them to Next POA. But wireless card driver on my laptop (Intel 3945 ABG) does not support AP mode. So I cannot make my laptop to function as an AP using hostapd. So my question is: Can I use wpa_supplicant in an ad-hoc mode and send EAP packets to  CPOA via ad-hoc link. and CPOA will be forward them to NPOA via "bridge mechanism".

Thanks and Regards,
Harshil A. Shah,
Convergence Labs, SETLabs
Infosys Technologies Limited | Bangalore
Mob # : +91 97428 87966.

Infosys e-mail system.