Android proposal (Android.mk) - to be compilant with hostap directory structure - current build fail.

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Mar 17 01:41:41 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:05:07AM -0700, Dmitry Shmidt wrote:
> I am not sure that your proposal is the same but we can do the next thing:
> 1) Create small Android.mk in wpa_supplicant "root" directory (where
> README and COPYING) are located.
> 2) It will include makefiles from hostapd and wpa_supplicant subdirectories
> The only drawback is that we can not create executable with the same
> name as subdirectory, so we will need
> to rename wpa_supplicant  and hostapd subdirs to something else.
>
> Will it be acceptable ?

If you mean renaming the directories in the git repository, then I don't
think that that would be happening because of some build system
limitations.

Is there some problems with the src symlink under wpa_supplicant/hostapd
directories? That sounds like the simplest solution to me.