[RFC 40/40] P2P: send peer disconnected for each member

Johannes Berg johannes
Wed Mar 16 07:22:11 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 15:20 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 16:16 +0200, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 08:53:36PM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > > It is needed to unregister PeerMembers and send PeerDisconnected
> > > signals (1 for each member) before unregistering the group and
> > > sending groupFinished.
> > >
> > > Normally this should be done when the group is being torn down,
> > > but it appears to happen too late?
> >
> > Hmm.. This looks a bit odd. Shouldn't we get these calls through the AP
> > code when the STA entries are being removed? If not, I would assume that
> > it would be better to fix that rather than add a P2P specific mechanism
> > for working around the missing notification.
>
> Yeah, we should, I agree. I'm not happy with this patch. I'm having a
> really hard time unravelling wpas_p2p_group_delete() though, and we put
> wpas_notify_p2p_group_removed() before wpa_supplicant_ap_deinit()
> because I couldn't understand the NOT_P2P_GROUP_INTERFACE case etc.
>
> So I think the solution is to somehow put
> wpas_notify_p2p_group_removed() after wpa_supplicant_ap_deinit() in that
> function, but I'm not exactly sure what the NOT_P2P_GROUP_INTERFACE
> means for this.

Err, all that means _not_ NOT_P2P_GROUP_INTERFACE ...

And also I'm not sure why the != NOT_P2P_GROUP_INTERFACE prints "remove
group interface" but never does wpa_supplicant_ap_deinit(), that whole
function just confuses me.