hostapd_cli reconfigure cmd patch

William Leibzon william
Wed Jul 20 21:51:29 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 1:28 AM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 07:04:37PM -0700, William Leibzon wrote:
>> You advertise it on hostapd manual pages but never bothered to add it
>> to software? How come ?!
>
> Where do you see this in the manual pages? Neither hostapd/hostapd.8 nor
> hostapd/hostapd_cli.1 seem to mention it.

There is this: http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=hostapd&section=8
and I've seen it in couple other places, but you're right that manual
distributed with current version does not mention it.

> Since hostapd reconfiguration is far from complete, I'm not sure whether
> it would be that good of an idea to add this control interface command
> at this point. The config reload operation is currently tested mainly
> with WPS reconfiguration and anything going beyond that may or may not
> work correctly.

I've written control daemon for wireless router I'm working on to use
it and so far its ok. We'll see if users notice anything once new
software is released in August. I'm willing to help if you think more
needs to be done on reconfigure  I'd much rather have this option then
having to kill and restart the process on every reconfig. And it
appears you do use reconfigure for HUP signal, so some people are
probably using it even if you don't advertise it. In my case I'd
really lie to see it reconfigure just one of the interface since I
have two wifi interfaces on the device.

William