controlling AP configuration in P2P GO mode

Johannes Berg johannes
Wed Jul 20 06:26:03 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 14:50 +0300, Arik Nemtsov wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:42, Johannes Berg <johannes at sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 11:30 +0300, Arik Nemtsov wrote:
> >
> > We have a patch there that automatically enables 11n support and the max
> > # of stations should really be taken from the driver and device
> > capabilities instead.
> >
> > Would you want to explicitly _not_ enable HT?
>
> Not really, but currently hostapd doesn't determine all the flags in
> "ht_capab" from wiphy.

I suppose it'd be easier if we did that along with the HT enabling in
wpa_supplicant/ap.c, no?

> > All these settings are useful in a hostapd scenario where you might not
> > want to fully utilise your hardware, but for P2P I think it should be
> > more automatic.
>
> I agree. But some things will still probably remain vendor specific.
> Off the top of my head:
> ap_table_expiration_time
> ap_table_max_size
> different WMM parameters

Seems more configuration specific than vendor specific, so maybe it
should be possible to configure those in wpa_s's config. I don't think
pointing to a hostapd config would be a good idea, but things could be
added to wpa_s's config instead and put into the right ap mode config
struct in the code.

johannes