Testing Auto Channel Selection with hostapd in ath5k and ath9k

Swaminathan Vasanth Rajaraman swaminathanvasanth.r
Mon Jul 18 02:12:27 PDT 2011

Hi,

 I was able to fix the previous issue where i mentioned i was not able to
enable ACS in hostapd, now i am able to enable ACS algorithm, but got a new
issue :
 After building hostapd with ACS, i configured hostapd.conf file with
channel = acs_survey and acs_num_req_surveys=10, acs_roc_duration_ms=5.

rajaras1 at kesateekkari:/etc/hostapd$ sudo hostapd hostapd.conf
Configuration file: hostapd.conf
ACS: automatic channel selection started, this may take a bit
ACS: offchannel TX support required
Segmentation fault

Even now without ACS, its working fine now.
Any one who has ACS enabled in hostapd please help in this issue.

Thanks,