bss_max_count needed in real-world scenario

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jul 16 03:31:01 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:56:13AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 07/11/2011 10:48 AM, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> > I think that a better approach would be to make wpa_bss_add() more
> > clever on which old entry to remove when adding a new one.

> Ok, that sounds fine to me.  That would have probably fixed the
> problem in this case, though they also had a very large number of
> APs with same SSID.

That does not matter unless you are specifically selecting a single AP
based on BSSID and if you do that in an environment with over 200 APs
with the same SSID, it sounds like a special enough case to require
bss_max_count configuration. I implemented SSID-based selection in bss.c
and I would expect that to cover common cases.