Testing Auto Channel Selection in hostapd

Swaminathan Vasanth Rajaraman swaminathanvasanth.r
Fri Jul 15 03:40:39 PDT 2011

Hi,

 I am trying to enable the Auto Channel Selection in hostapd with ath5k and
ath9k drivers. I cloned the source of hostap from the git and applied the
patch (
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mcgrof/patches/hostapd/acs-all-in-one-v2.patch).
I then went to the hostapd directory of hostap and did make and make
install. Followed instruction from (
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Documentation/hostapd#Download_and_compile_hostapd).

While building the software i enabled CONFIG_ACS=y in  the defconfig file
present in /hostap/hostapd/ to .config and performed the build. I then did a
make install and configured the hostapd.conf file.

Hostapd is working fine for me without ACS but when i enable channel=0 or
channel=acs_survey and uncomment the

acs_num_req_surveys=10
acs_roc_duration_ms=5

options for ACS to be enabled it throws this error when starting hostapd,

> sudo hostapd hostapd.conf

Configuration file: hostapd.conf
Line 113: set as '0' tries to enable ACS but CONFIG_ACS disabled
Line 125: invalid acs_num_req_surveys 10 (CONFIG_ACS disabled)
Line 126: invalid acs_roc_duration_ms 5 (CONFIG_ACS disabled)1..5000)
3 errors found in configuration file 'hostapd.conf'

Infact i enabled CONFIG_ACS when building.

Any pointers on what to do to enable ACS please.

Awaiting your kind reply.

Thanks,

--
Best Regards,