Support of P2P in ath5k

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Jul 15 01:27:44 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:47:59PM +0100, Dani Camps wrote:
> Thanks for the answer. I added the NL80211_IFTYPE_P2P_GO
> and NL80211_IFTYPE_P2P_CLIENT in ath5k, and it improved a bit, now I can do
> p2p_find and find other peers. However, I am not yet able to set up a group, I
> get a message back saying "Could not read SSID from driver" when trying to set
> up a group. The only other place where I could find mention to p2p in ath9k that
> is not in ath5k, is in the method "change_interface" of ieee80211_ops which is
> defined in ath9k but is undefined in ath5k. Is the method .change_interface
> required for P2P operation ? I wonder if implementing it in ath5k would improve
> the support for P2P,

That should not affect this, i.e., it is just an optimization to allow
the operation mode to be changed without first setting the interface
down. ath9k worked fine for this even before the change_interface()
handler was added. I haven't tested P2P with ath5k at all, so I'm not
sure what exactly could be missing.